Foster self acceptance and self awareness (for myself AND others) that helps us all feel more at ease in a world that can sometimes feel like we don’t fit. Help people understand themselves and each other in order to create a more connected and inclusive world.
I will do this by:
- Providing content that is “naked and unafraid” – including stories, research articles, other written posts, video and audio recordings. The content on this site will sometimes share stories of my personal struggles, in an effort to not only promote understanding, but also connection – letting others know that they are not alone.
- Offering content and products that offer solutions, inspiration, processes and ideas about what one can do to improve their life experience, or simply provide connection through humor, irreverence, and insight.
- Always targeting the content to create understanding, humor, compassion, empathy and connection.
- Focusing primarily on content for people who feel like they are “other”, or are trying to understand those that do.
I am someone who:
- Has been living with symptoms of depression for well over 30 years, and who has been brought to my knees more than once by the sometimes cruel reality of this mental health challenge.
- Suffers sometimes debilitating anxiety for which I have developed many successful coping strategies – and some NOT so successful coping strategies.
- Has been living with multiple health challenges, including fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue, for over 15 years; degenerative disc disease in my neck and back, 2 herniated discs, obesity due to side effects of medication as well as PCOS (polycystic ovaries) – and am still struggling with figuring out how to lose weight when I can’t exercise, my hormones are fighting me every step of the way – and I hate to cook!
- Grew up – like many other people – in a very dysfunctional family; with the added spice of being adopted and having a very mentally ill and violent brother.
- Refuses to take any prescription medication, and therefore has to rely on the aforementioned good and “not-so-good” coping strategies.
I am ALSO someone who:
- Has been a hypnotherapist, an artist, a writer, and a teacher…for a pretty long time.
- Has studied interpersonal communication & linguistics, hypnosis, NLP (NeuroLinguistic Programming), and a huge variety of other personal development tools over the years.
- Is the loving mother of a fabulous non-binary human being who is brilliant and has taught me SO much through not only their struggles but their courage to be themselves.
- Wants to share my story in an effort to help others find connection and understanding, whether because you can see yourself in my stories, or because you are striving to understand what someone else is going through.
- Wants to shed light on mental illness from multiple perspectives, including how it affects those around the person struggling.
- Wants to offer options in case something here might help YOU, even if that help is only a nod of understanding and the knowledge that you are not alone, or a good laugh…or a good cry.
- Wants to create community that can talk and laugh about life, “naked and unafraid” and in all its bitter and sweet glory.